Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, May 18, 2017

  I got to thinking today, not always a good thing, but hay........Hilary and i were born in the same year, she's a couple of months older and the Donald was born in '46.........so both are about my age, so i think i can say this without being accused of 'Ageism'........but they and I are too dang old to be the POTUS.......and maybe he's in better shape then I am, because one of us is, that is POTUS  and I don't mean physically...the stress of the job may result in the physical but it's prime direction is the mental stress.....
  We have a law that says you must be at least 35 years old, a few other requirements which don't have a bearing on my point here......don't get me wrong I'm not saying that a man or woman my age should not be allowed to run for POTUS.......but maybe a medical exam, by that I'm mean a total exam.......bring in Freud....or the modern equivalent........of course on the other hand, is it one of those things where anyone who wants the job probably shouldn't  be considered for the job.....
 I realize that none of this is ever going to be considered, but then i don't expect that very few people will listen to me, but listen to yourselves..sometimes I think we would be better off just selecting our POTUS by Lottery.......
  Okay, now your saying in you minds that I'm too old to have an opinion, I'm using my own physical condition, my mental state, the fact that I sometimes forget what i had for breakfast, and my age to say what I've said above...... now that may be construed as Ageism..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment