Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

 *[16:47 UTC-4]*[Still under the "Heat Advisory"until 20:00(see footer)]*[+85*F("feels like"+92*F)_partly cloudy_winds from the southwest@9 mph_humidity:63%_barometer:29.87"\/_overnight Lo:+74*F_partly cloud>mostly cloudy w/isolated/scattered T-storms beginning about midnight & continuing thru Thursday w/a 50% chance of rain_winds from the s/s/w@10>15 mph_humid-ity:79%_Thursday's Hi:+83*F_isolated/scattered T-storms thru 22:00 w/a 60% chance of rain_winds from the southwest@10>20 mph_humidity:78%_overnight Lo:+70*F_cloudy>partly cloudy w/a stray shower/T-storm possible_winds from the s/s/w@5>10 mph_humidity:89%]*[On MT-Today's Playlist]*
  Today's storm had past us by here by 13:00 so decided to take a walk to Big Lots & Aldi's just after 14;00 & that was before I checked the weather for tomorrow..which was when I had originally planned to take that walk..well sometimes it's better to be lucky than good..I can attest to the "feels like" temperature of +92*F..I've never been a big fan of the hot/humid weather..firstly Autumn has always been my favorite season..soccer..cross-country & just the cooler weather..plus living in the Northcountry of NYS..the most common extreme isn't heat but cold where windchills of -25*F & colder are not uncommon in winter..../....I looked out my window last night just before turning in for the night just after 20:00 & the rain was as we would have said back in the day "coming down in buckets"..flashes of lighting & the rumbling of thunder..none were close by...../.....a decent nights sleep & off to start my online day by just after 04:00..a light day of tasks on my two FB groups..& found a friendly table with a limited amount of loose play on "Replay" won a few chips & along the way made a "Royal Flush" (best hand possible)..../....on the aforementioned walk..didn't see anything at Big Lots that demanded I take it hone with me & at Aldi just the typical fare but when I got back was feeling the heat..cranked up the AC..got a cold bottle of Gatorade Zero from the frig & found that AMC was airing Godfather I&II today & caught the end of I & will probably watch some of II later..../....except for my daily routine of shower & meds..an evening meal..& a checking or two on FB..my day is done..ergo.."nite all"....[17:27 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment