Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, April 29, 2017

again with my lunch, a nice grinder roll, rare roast beef, a little Italian dressing, a mixture of mayo, horseradish, a touch of garlic/chili sauce, salt, pepper, oops forgot the slices of heirloom tomato....yum.
 quiet day, don't think i'll walk today......
the tomatoes take me back to my childhood..(of course some say i never really left my childhood  behind)  I grew up rural, large garden, most years 4 dozen tomato plants ( and since we're talking 60+ years ago and according to the definition those tomatoes  qualify as 'heirloom') why so many plants, mom loved to can vegetables
we had a shelve over the outside faucet...salt, pepper, and vinegar (in containers of course) much of the vegetables from the garden never made it to kitchen.....but the heirloom tomatoes, take me back to a time and a place a long time ago, when life was......well....... simple

No comments:

Post a Comment