Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, June 2, 2017

  I've been on Facebook for just over a year, and the only reason i did it I found out there was a Facebook  group for an online game I was playing, and added some family as friends.......one night i was searching people on Facebook and found a kid I knew in high school...( well he was a kid when i knew him but at the end of June it will be 51 years since i saw him)........and based on that I've reconnect with several kids I went to high school with
  After a year plus, I have come to several conclusions about it:
    1) I have got to reconnect with many people who because of distance and years I've lost track of
    2) and I enjoy many of the postings......
    However:
    3) what drives me nuts is peeps that post stuff without doing any fact check to see if the post is
     true.....and these posts fall into 3 common groups.....
      A) there are certain peeps who believe anything they read...
      B) those that just because the article agrees with there point of view it must be right.......
    Now the two groups above, although it is mildly annoying......I guess I can forgive them  
      C) then there is a small  group  of peeps who deliberately post stuff that they know is wrong, now
    when challenged that claim, "well  it's sarcasm".....but they know it will be believed by those in        
    group (A) above........
My conclusions are if you do use Facebook or any other social media site, or any other web site for that matter.....
    legit cave ( reader beware )
    credis antequam coerceret (check it out before you believe it)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment