Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, June 11, 2017

  I've spent the evening, mostly doing a little net surfing, and watching some episodes of the 'Hornblower Saga'........you can find the links on the right, based on the stories of C.S.Forester, my fav writer of his historical fiction, he also wrote the novel that the movie  'African Queen" was based on........
  You have to forgive me, on the other hand maybe you don't, but I am as it would have been said back in the day 'I' am well read'.......but with the exception of historical fiction, and political fiction.......for the most part my interests in reading or maybe for a more accurate point of view, non fiction, and the older the better, I love the works of the Greek philosophers, the writings of the Early Church fathers...........and musically the works, the liturgical works mostly from the 16th century up until the very early 20th century.......
  I think that my interests in the ancient written books  was maybe because of my musically studies, I studied piano from a very early age, and classical piano, and then in 7th grade was handed a French Horn, although there (that is the French Horn) does appear from time to time in pop music, much of what I played, was classical...and I was gifted with 2 things I can't explain, I was 5 and 1/2 years old when i could sing harmony, and already had near perfect pitch......( as an aside although others may disagree I will never admit to perfect pitch)..............but I was 'gifted with a voice'....that was a High Tenor voice.....that was perfect for baroque liturgical music, the works of Handel, Hayden......et al.......besides I not only had the voice, but the love of that music.......now to be honest as I approach 70 years old, the voice is gone, but my mind still hears the music, still hears my parts, still loves the music.....age may have taken from me the ability to preform, but the mind still understands...........I love the pieces on YouTube that include the scores.....and allows me to follow 'my' part........
  You should forgive me for from time to time, to allow me to let me use this blog for myself, to let me express my feelings, how i got to this point in my life...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment