Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, December 16, 2006

I just turned 59 a few days ago and this Christmas is kind of weird…it’s the first one that I don’t have to buy a gift for a parent…mom has been gone almost 8 years…and dad died late spring…yes I have nieces and nephews…a daughter and a son-in-law…a sister and a brother and the mandatory brother and sister in law…but no parent to buy a gift for…it seems a little odd…surreal…and not vey comforting…I have not decided as of yet what to buy for my sibs and their mates…the nieces and nephews and the daughter and her hubby …those gifts will be bought at my local bank…they get green…must decide what gifts to give those who really need nothing…a puzzle of some sort for sis’s hubby, a cookbook for brother’s wife and something insulting for my sibs…or at least funny…but can get away with it because I am the middle child and I am the black sheep of the family as it were…

On the other hand I may just take a trip up north to a very nice cheese shop and get a round of something for the B and his wife…my sis and her hubby…have no clue at this point…

No comments:

Post a Comment