Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

  If you've been reading here you are aware that I've been dealing with a mobility issue, my feet have rebelled.....that problem seems to be over, at least for now........it's chronic, and periodic....but now my issue is environmental.......despite the fact that it's late September, the weather has been high 80';s to low 90's and humidity in excess of 90%......and as I'm nearing my 70th B-day......I just don't handle weather like that anymore......but you must understand......they say that your body adapts to the most common extreme........where I live that extreme is cold......the worst I can remember was several years ago.........actual temperature was -55*F......with 55 MPH winds...wind chill was  -100*F and maybe a bit more.......obviously we could not go out.........but my point is there is a justifiable reason why I can handle way above average ( for here anyways) heat and humidity......now that was the extreme but most winters we have days where we see days with temperatures in the range of -20*F and wind chills around -40*F.........and to be honest......I don't handle those extremes very well any more either.....

No comments:

Post a Comment