Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, October 16, 2005

I’ve had one of the best days I’ve had in a very long time. I feel rested after my short vacation, and feel mentally and physically as good as I’ve felt in ages.

Worship team went great in both services this morning, class was fine and we had a very interesting missionary speaker.

Choral rehearsal was a blast. We are doing Handel’s messiah or at least the Christmas potion, plus selected pieces from the other sections, and it’s really great music. Voice wise, and concentration wise I was a bit off today. Clobbered a couple of parts and got uncharacteristically lost once, but had a great time. We have the core of the section back that have sung together for the last couple of years, and have added 3 new voices, all 3 are very strong. At times in the past I have felt that I needed to be at the top of my game always, as I was carrying the section, but now it’s a more team effort and much easier. The neat part is in a group of 155 voices we only have a dozen or so tenors, but we more then hold our own.

But the greatest thing about the choral group is not the music, but the people. With many of those in the group it’s almost like a “family”, and the appeal of the group transcends the music, and is as much about the relationships.

Work tomorrow, but I can say that I am looking towards it with a better attitude then I have had recently……….

No comments:

Post a Comment