Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, March 25, 2006

With this post I have but 13 more to make the 2000th post to this blog…who would have every imagined that I would have held my interest for over 3 years and that many posts…I have always considered 13 as my lucky number…I worn that number in sport when it was available…I was irritated the last organized team I played for, slow pitch softball team I played for until well into my 40’s when I quit…not because my team mates wanted me to…but because I could no longer accept what demising skills had left me with…the manager insisted that I wear the number #1…hell…who ever would give a second baseman…and slap hitter that number…but he was the boss and I wore it…but I will always remember the years and the managers, coaches who allowed the little trollie to wear #13…I never had great ability…I just out worked and our “hustled” my opponents…not gifted physically…but gifted with the desire to compete…

No comments:

Post a Comment