Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, July 17, 2006

The evening is winding down towards bedtime…a little bourbon on the rocks…a little Elgar “Enigma Variations”…I am nothing if I am not one who is strongly drawn to the music of the classical style…whether as a listener or as a performer…drilled into me at too young an age to resist…started taking classical piano at 6 or 7…and started singing church music…liturgical music at age 5…and played Horn in F in the school band at age 12…and had an uncle who was totally take by music of the classical style…big influence…

Speaking of the Elgar piece, the 9th variation, titled “Nimrod” is probably IMHO the most beautiful…haunting piece of classical music I have ever heard…(or I guess to be accurate, movement or section of a classical piece).

No comments:

Post a Comment