Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, July 4, 2006

It’s weird, last year I got 3 or four invites for forth of July barbeque, and this year none…which was a go thing…I have had a terrible last 11 days…I worked for Saturday and was and absolute wreck…about 4 hours at church Sunday and felt even worse…and awfully physical day yesterday…awoke at 6:30 this AM with no electrical power in the house…apparently we had had a pretty nasty thunder storm that I had slept through…electrical power was never restored until about 8 AM …and cable (both TV and internet where basically off line until almost noon)…

I was very hungry but very lazy about 4:30 PM…got digging in the freezer and found a store bought beef pot pie…not the most gourmand or flavorful thing on the face of the earth but I was both hungry and had mo desire to cook…well I left it in the oven 3 to 4 minutes past the suggested time but then I love the crust brown and crisp…and large potion of black pepper and fresh ground sea salt and as I was taking it to my chair and a bit of TV to consume it I spied the bottle of nice EVOO on the counter…intended to drizzle a bit of EVOO…and slipped and put a bit more then a drizzle on said pot pie…result was amazing…I will never forget again to dress my pot pies thusly…

I actually feel pretty decent tonight…I’m really not ready to go back to work tomorrow…but I will none the less

No comments:

Post a Comment