Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, July 1, 2006

The last thing I wanted to do today was go to work…but it was a month end Saturday and I had no choice…the mad one needs to complete month end numbers…month end inventory…and project needs for the next 2 months… d*mn the vendors who need 4 to 8 weeks notice to supply what I need, what the plant needs…

My dad passed about 8 days ago…and although I have avoided the need to eulogize him here…not that he didn’t deserve and his passing didn’t require it…I wasn’t ready…and I never really will be but here goes…

Dad was born in 1915…and grew up during the depression…he and his younger brother basically supported their family when their dad couldn’t find work…he enlisted in the army in early ’41 and ended up a line officer in the infantry during WWII…a good man and a hard man…I had a basic problem with him when I was growing up…as a teen I thought he was a total and complete idiot…but as I got older…had a child of my own…I realized that he was a heck of a lot smarter then I had ever given him credit for…but then I am the middle kid…the black sheep of the family if you will…RIP dad…

No comments:

Post a Comment