Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

  this is the 3rd week in October and Thursday is the "Thanksgiving"...a holiday which has become a holiday to see how much we can eat....and the day after is one of the busiest shopping days for Christmas.and all the stores run big sales that day....know as "Black Friday".......I never go to retail stores on that day.....the crowds make shopping tedious.......
  now I needed to get a few things from my local food market........and just as I avoid shopping in the  nearby mall, on "Black Friday"...I avoid grocery shopping the day before "Thanksgiving"..hordes of people buying the fixings for the holiday meal......I probably could have waited until Friday to get what I needed at the market.....it will be virtually empty.....two reasons....tons of leftovers....and most will be shopping the retail stores. but checked the weather this AM, temperature 48*F, and even with the windchill it felt like 42*F...and that's a kind of day you don't waste up here this time of year if you need to walk......
  One of the perks for living where I do is once a week on Tuesdays, one of the ladies on the housekeeping staff comes in and cleans my rooms......fresh linens et al.....and if they aren't to busy, they'll do some laundry for me...and it 'twas one of those day...
  I'll be heading to my sis's on Thursday, for the tradition Thanksgiving dinner, few people than usual, the Florida and California contingents of the family will not attend this year, as well as one of the local clan, who is hosting a meal for friends......

No comments:

Post a Comment