Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, November 25, 2017

  Was a quite day, spent most of the day watching the "boob tube" and surfing the net...kind of a mixed day food wise....enjoyable but things that one might not normally think should gone on the same menu, fortunately or maybe unfortunately I have never been normal.....the last of the Lo Mein  from fav Chinese restaurant for breakfast, and then Pizza ( sausage & black olives ) and an antipasto salad.... more Pizza reheated for a late supper........
  I have a love/hate view of Facebook..I love to hate it.....not the part where I can re-connect with some of my classmates from high school....this past June it has been 51 years since I've see them....family moved that summer and dad and I were living and working in the new town...in fact I went to work 2 days after graduation......
  No the part that irritates me is many of the poster's search the web for articles and memes that agree with they POV ( sorry point of view ) or even worse believe everything they see online.....particularly on political or religious matters...and never bother to do some digging..spend the time to do the research to verify whether the facts and the particular POV is reasonable or correct.....there is one story line getting a lot of play on Facebook right now which the ultimate hot but issue.....because it combines both politics,religion, and morality......I have not responded and the last thing I want is to get involved in a "flame war" ( if you are not familiar with the term here's a (LINK) for a definition).....also I get annoyed when people use words that don't mean what the think they mean.....or group all people who disagree under a single group........
  Now I love a good debate, dang I even like a good argument ..but it should never sink to the point of verbally attacking your opponent's character.....I never reply to posts where the poster has obviously decided that he or she has the whole truth and nothing but the truth......and will obviously not respond well to facts or a contrary POV........it's just like figuratively banging your head on a brick wall.......You're not going to make a dent in the wall...you're just going to hurt your head and get frustrated

No comments:

Post a Comment