Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Ah November the first. A beautiful late fall day this morning, actually was in the low 6o’sF. But turned wet, dreary, cool, windy and miserable in the mid afternoon. But thus is fall in the northcountry.
I left for the warehouse at about 8:20 AM this morning and never returned to the main building until a little after 1 PM………dang. I had a load of overseas pallets coming in, so not only did I need to unload but I needed to mark them so there would be no mistakes as far has which pallet is which. Under the new rules of shipping overseas, all pallets must be either heat treated or fumigated to eliminate the possibility of transfer insects from one location to another. And raises the price of our finished goods pallet from $7.50 per, to $11 per. On one hand that’s doesn’t appear to be a big deal, but we work between 260 and 312 days a year, with and average 0f 10 pallets a day. Okay so it’s only a max of 10k$ but everything adds up. Then there was the transfer between the 2 houses that needed to be unloaded and reloaded, and then the supply load to one of our vendors. I had hoped to get that done in 2 hours but it took a bit long. So I get back to the main plant and I have everyone in the, well this must be done today mode. A really hate that, like no one is interested in all the other things that need and must be done, they are only concerned with their little part of the puzzle. And rarely realize that anything that either enters or leaves goes through me. And if everyone one decides that everything the have must be cleared off the books today, well some one is going to be sadly disappointed.
Stopped on the way home at the deep fry take out place. Not for deep fried anything but they have great salads and rolls as well and had the tag end of a pork roast in the frig that was demanding that it be reheated with barbecue sauce and served on fresh rolls, with coleslaw, with a side of potato salad. And very satisfying meal.
Gentle evening, watched a little tube, played a little blog shares, and just enjoyed the solitude. For the first 56 and one half years of my life I lived with, well someone. Family, roommates, wife, daughter, et al. For the last year and a half it’s just been my 3 cats and me. And although the fact of living alone was not my choice, I have come to grips with it and wish that maybe I had been alone for many more years. Well not alone exactly, human contact at home is a thing I can live without, but my 3 little fur balls, I’d miss them.
Had a nice chat with the daughter last night, hadn’t really seen or talked to her for a couple of months. She’s had a very rough start to the school year (she teaches at one of the rural schools in the area). I wanted to remind her not to wait until the last minute to get tickets to the NCC concert, she is my daughter after all and waited last year until the last minute to buy and they were all gone. I love my “little” girl, but we don’t really spend that much time together, we are both busy, and respect the fact that each of us has our own lives.
(A brief pause in this post while I scratch the belly of cat Lilly, said Lilly is the smallest of 3, at probably less then 5 lbs, but when the belly of said cat needs scratching, all of the other problems of the world in general, and the old trollie’s in particular, fade into insignificance.)
(Trollie looks up and realizes that it’s novella time again)
Nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment