Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, November 27, 2005

I woke up in a very bad “place” this morning. Physically and emotionally I was at low ebb. My body felt like it had been drug through a knothole backwards, with the exertion of yesterday, and the realization that I have reached an age and physical condition where there are certain basics of life here in the northcountry (shoveling mounds of snow would be one) that I can no longer handle myself.

I slept to the alarm and a woke as I said at low ebb, but dragged myself out of bed and got to church, and worship team warm up on time. But still had great doubts about whether I really wanted to have anything to do with today. Saw B.H. at church, he and his daughter also participate in Northcountry Choral, and told him that it was highly unlikely that I would attend to day and if anyone asked I was not physically able to cram by very stiff, very arthritic body in to that dang small loft today…….maybe.

I actually decided not to go, then I decided to go, then not to go, but commitment won out and I went.

I’m glad I went because the music, the chats with several very nice people, people I know only through the choral group but still put a smile on my face and a spring in my step. Well that’s not entirely true, E’s daughter and mine went to school 5-12 together, and L and I years ago played in the same golf league as rivals, but on the whole I know most of them only from the choral group, really nice people by enlarge. And there was a good reason I was there, for some unknown reason, the seating chart was changed, now the top 3 are always put in the back row with the next 3 right in front of them, that didn’t change but the order was changed so I was behind someone who although one level down was enough taller then the diminutive trollie that I am had no chance to see the director, so after consulting with said director, we did a one seat swap, which not only gives me a fairer view, but puts me in the middle of the top 3………love the change.

Rehearsal went really good, with just one or two minor problems we (that is the tenor section was in full flight today….). Have a rehearsal Thursday with the musicians and the soloists and then DEC. 2-4 it’s for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment