Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, November 12, 2005

I was watching the Food Channel earlier, and had the cook-off on from the garlic festival in Gilroy, California. What’s neat is that I work for a firm that manufactures drip irrigation equipment and have several large farms and a distributor that we ship to in the Gilroy area that grow the garlic that was being used in the cook off. In fact I have a full truckload leaving Monday for two stops in Gilroy. I by experience know nothing about growing garlic, but based on the product sold, the plants are at 12” spacing and use a low level of water. Flow rate of the product we ship there is only ¼ of a gallon per minute, per 100 feet. Which is the lowest flow rate material we sell on a regular basis.

Despite the fact that I ended up at work for 4 hours today, despite the fact that I sleep fitfully last night, and despite the fact my arthritis was driving me wild today, I had a good day.

I stopped off at Mickey D’s a bit after noon on the way home from work for lunch. Was hungry and not in the mood to cook. Actually went inside and ate there. Generally when I get fast food I get take out but sat down, read the local paper, and just relaxed. Did the first leaf rake of the yard today and plan to re-rake next weekend and put the perennials “to bed” for the winter (warning: pun alert system as just snapped on).

The rest of the day has been calm, peaceful, and relaxing, or as much of the preceding 3 as can be possible when you share a house with 3 cats.

Made a quick pasta dish for supper, with pan-fried garlic bread, and iced tea. Have plenty of leftovers for Sunday meals. I realize that in many households in the USA the main meal on Sunday is the biggie for the week. But as Sunday is the busiest day of the week for me, particularly this time of the year meals are “catch as catch can”.

We have only 3 rehearsals left for NCC before the 3 concerts December 1-3 for the yearly Christmas concerts. And the Christmas potion of the messiah which we are doing this year is finally starting to come around. Should go off pretty well.

I may check with the church choir director to see if the church choir is doing a cantata for Christmas. I never sing with the church choir in the fall. Between worship team and NCC I’m just too busy, but often sing with them at Christmas or the spring season.

Before this entry turns into “War and Peace” I will bring it to a close.

Nite all………….

No comments:

Post a Comment