Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, November 26, 2005

So I guess technically I didn’t post to the blog yesterday, for as the clock sees days, it’s already today, or tomorrow depending on you point of view. However from the trollie clock/calendar it is still today (or yesterday if you will) because I haven’t been to bed yet. On the trollie clock the day beginnings when I wake up and ends when I go to bed regardless of what the clock says.

Never awoke until almost 10 AM today, I really enjoy days when I can go to bed when I want and get up when I want with out having to deal with work or other things I have committed too. I was only up for a little over an hour when the daughter called, she was a bit stressed after having spent most of the morning (which I had thankfully slept through) getting her suv fixed. We where to do as the saying goes to “do lunch”, she was buying so I allowed her the choice and her choice I initially had some doubts about. They have recently shut the pizza hut in town and opened a pizza hut bistro, in fact have been a lot of construction of new places to shop and franchise restaurants in town due to the adding of the 3rd brigade at Fort Drum and the rumor of a 4th brigade to come. But I regress, I was pleasantly surprised, I had an Italian sausage bistro pizza with coffee which was quite nice and not only did 3 pieces of the said pizza make a nice lunch but the other 3 slices made an adequate dinner. Besides the meal could have been awfully and the chatter at the table would have made the meal fine. Although we have lives that live themselves out in quite opposite directions, when the daughter and I get together it is quite special. Even if the majority of the conversation involved her classical loving musical parrot and my crazy cats. Her dang parrot will tell her what composers the local (well not local really, the station is in the ‘Cuse, but there is a local translator in Watertown) played that day.

Had a late supper of bratwurst and egg noodles. I may be a bit weird but I start with a fresh local variety of bratwurst and put it in the pasta water as it advances to a full boil. When it reaches the state of a full boil I remove the bratwurst and put the egg noodles in the boiling water. The half cook brats are cut into pennies and added to a sauté which is made up of a fairly large amount of evoo, onions, and capers, and of course pepper and fresh grounded sea salt, (I rarely use anything other then fresh ground sea salt in cooking, except when I was forced back to the standard Morton’s salt in a one pound container, when I couldn’t find my salt grinder for days, apparently one of the dang cats had knock the salt grinder off the snack tray and batted it under the swivel chair, if they hadn’t played with it again and knocked into the middle of the living room floor I might never have found it, and had been forced to buy a new one, which would have pissed me off seeing as how I looked for weeks to find the perfect salt grinder, trollie wonders if that is a world’s record for a parenthetical entry).

Anyways spent most of the late evening watching 6 straight episodes of Rachel ray’s 40$ a day on the food network.

It has been snowing on and off since mid-afternoon and I think we picked up about a foot of snow, shoveled about dusk, and they’ve plowed since then but seeing as I have no reason to leave my warm, cat infested house tomorrow at all, will probably wait to clear the drive and redo the 100+ feet of side walk until the morrow. Why in the name of fanny adams did I even buy a corner lot. Seemed like the right thing to do when I was 28 but a very stupid thing to do when I’m 2 years and a few weeks shy of 60.

I seem to be in novella mode again tonight for the second straight night and before I end up on the third page as is determined by microshit word I should cease and desist. Nite all…

No comments:

Post a Comment