Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, November 26, 2005

I am not general attracted to or find red heads sexy or attractive, I make an exception with the actress Julianne Moore who find not only a very sexy lady but a fine actress. So I was bored tonight and watched a romantic comedy, something I rarely if ever do, a flick called “laws of attraction”.

Staring Pierce Bronson, and the afore mentioned Julianne M, and despite the fact that it is a genre that I normally despise, I enjoyed the flick greatly, there is a chemistry between the two that is reminiscent of Bogart and Hepburn. I do hope that they do more movies together because the interplay was a riot.

I have had basically, a very disturbing day. The weatherman predicted that we were to get 8 to 12 inches of snow over night, so when we got that much last night and it seemed like the snow had stopped I went out and shoveled. Much too my surprise when I finally got out of bed this AM I discovered not only another 24” of snow (and yes I do intend to sue the weather channel) but I remembered that my snow blower had a busted shear pin), while trying to shovel the mess that the plows had left me (and yes I do intend to sue the city of Watertown DPO for plowing not only my drive way full but my 100’ of sidewalk full), neighbor K informed me that there was a spare shear pin in my garage that my ex had told her about (and I still am wondering about that) but hadn’t told me. Well I replaced the shear pin and obviously could not achieve ignition with the snow blower…nuts. I had to admit to myself that I was unable to handle the 2’ plus of snow, plus the amount that the plows had managed to deposit in my driveway, not to mention the sidewalk. I hate to admit that age has diminished my physically skills, but there I was. The job before me defied my ability to respond. I with great reluctance placed a call to my daughter, and she and her hubby did short work of my problem. I need to contact the provider of said snow blower and see if with the exchange of a untold amount of dollars said snow blower can be restored to it’s designed task.

The absolute, and totally absurd part of this whole tragic event is that it’s by the prediction of said weather channel going to be 50*F tomorrow and 60*F on Monday, and if that is true then with all probability the whole dang 2’+ of snow will be gone, but I must be out of the house tomorrow by car, a very nice one but one that is totally incapable of going through 2’ of snow.

I find myself in a very strange mood tonight, one that is trying to accept my diminished abilities and is not in the mood for that debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment