Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

This is the tale of two completely different days, which strangely share the same date on the calendar. First there is the day up until 7 PM which is a day I would rather forget, in almost every personal aspect one of the nastiest days I’ve had in months, and work didn’t improve the situation, never does as a matter of fact. Almost didn’t go to worship team practice but fortunately my sense of responsibility got the better of me, and the day changed almost in an instant. I love to sing, it is the part of what I am that gives me the greatest joy. And I just flat love the people involved in the group. It seems as often as personal of the group changes the replacements are, well not necessarily better or worse then the one’s the replace, they bring a different and pleasing dynamic to the group.

Ke was back after a brief vacation, and offers a challenge to the old trollie who sings a varied harmony line. All the rest of the group sing either a straight melody or an occasional 2nd soprano line, or in M’s case a contralto line. Ke however sings a descant line, and I haven’t worked with one since J left the group. And her style of descant is a tad different from anyone I’ve ever work with, but we are starting to understand each other’s style and it’s really starting to mess and the sound is really coming around.

No comments:

Post a Comment