Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, January 30, 2006

Dang what a day, I got a visit this morning from the mechanic from the vendor we use for forklift repair and maintenance. Finally got management permission for a new set of tires and a bunch of upgrades and standard maintenance to the warehouse lift…this sucker is a ‘74 or ‘75 era lift with literally 1000’s of hours on it…still is mechanically sound but needs new rubber and some work on the horn and backup alarm…now this will basically take it out of service for an entire day…so I checked with everyone and nothing was scheduled for Wednesday, and as the mechanic had to schedule some sub-vendors to assist…we set the day…I told everyone , ok it’s Wednesday…don’t schedule anything from the warehouse that needs the lift for that day. A brief note, as we only have 3 lifts…it is not cost effective to have a certified forklift mechanic on staff (OSHA requires all work on a lift be done by a certified mechanic)…better from many angles to outsource it. So like three hours later I get a call from customer service/marketing…the trucking company wants to pickup the Nogales load Wednesday…hold the phone we already decided we were going to not ship from the house Wednesday…yeah I now that a full load to Nogales this time of year is a hard thing to find but just who’s the customer here…she didn’t even say to them we can’t so it that day can you reschedule for another day…she drives me nuts… if a customer or vendor wants to change a plan or a ship day she just folds…never considers that I have made other plans…even when she knows I have…so I’m trying to re-schedule for Thursday…hope that works and if she tries to move something in on top of me again there is going to be hell to pay…the hardest thing about what I do is that everyone thinks all I have to do in a given day is what they as an individual needs me to do…well about a hour after that I got a very ill worded and very insulting memo from the foundation ( well it would be if I could be insulted which I can’t but it did p*ss me off) about why I hadn’t processed their overseas sample requests…they live in a vacuum…no idea of my work load or how busy we’ve been…I called the executive assistant, hey look I’ve tried 3 different times over the last week and a half to get to these things…about an hours work…and every time I’ve tried I got interrupted by something that needed to be done right now…I think I will be able to get the hour I need today…which I did…and then went up and they had sent another request over… now if the dang things are so important…why didn’t she mention there was another one in the pipe line…and 95% of these samples they send result in nothing…squat…zilch…nodda…as far as orders…dang!!!!!!!!!!
Got behind…caught up except I had a transfer that needed to be unloaded and then reloaded at the warehouse…and left work an hour late…in a foul mood…chores can wait for another day…and as I had taken an early lunch and was too hungry to wait until I had time to cook and in no mood to accomplish said cooking got take out…which amounts to 40% of the meals I’ve eaten in the last week…weeks go by without me ever getting takeout…but lately…oh double dang…

No comments:

Post a Comment