Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Dang…dang…double dang…apparently a mistake was made when loading the new upgrade to the software that is being switched to a web-based system…we had to load the last 4 days into the old system and do a reload on the change over…2 hours work for nuthin’…and then we have to take another shot this weekend and early next week…@#$%)&&^

It took me almost 3 hours to load the outbound today, if you count the ½ hour of manual paperwork, because I couldn’t do it in the system (maybe 5 minutes of system time…and all the other hassles of the load…one of which was the driver had to re-spot the truck at the warehouse because he forgot to open the swing doors before he was against the dock…$@!###)(***

I am way behind and have a whole page of orders to deal with tomorrow…+ a transfer that should have been loaded today…++++++…dang

So when I got the green light to start entering into the current system I had probably 2 hours of accumulated work to enter…I had no more gotten started then one of the customer service reps started emailing me that he/she needed me to do “X”…dang…I emailed back…dang…well not really but…I’m not through step one yet…I’ll get to your request when I can…to add a certain element of the surreal…I got an order from the foundation late yesterday…a call this AM that the order was changed…and then at 1PM when I had time to pickup my mail the new order saying that it must arrive by 1/23….well it’s 1/18 and 1/21 and 1/22 are the weekend….holy………………………..moses…fortunately production had it mostly done and I did manage to get it out today so it’s got a 4 in 5 chance of getting there on time…but the “MAN” the head of the foundation that I have either work for or semi-worked for, for going on 38 years waits until the last minute on everything and then expects me to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the proverbial hat…and I have about a 99% success record…but dang…

Just a very quick but lovely 3-cheese pizza for supper (fresh mozzarella, sharp cheddar and fresh romano…evoo, garlic, a bit of dry Italian salami, and Spanish capers…and a piece left for lunch tomorrow…and a fine arabica coffee…

No comments:

Post a Comment