Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Been a weird weekend, got to gather with some guys I grew up with…or rather my brother grew up with but I played sports with, last night for dinner…and they were going to play street hockey today…their fav activity those many years ago…I went just to watch…but ended up playing the last two games and scoring the game winner +1 in the last game…now it’s been 25-30 years since I’ve played any street hockey…and although I maybe 58…except for R’s 20 something son everyone else was 40+…the weird thing about it was, despite the fact that everyone was obviously older, slower, fatter, and grayer…once the ball dropped…everyone acted as if time had not past at all…except for me…I couldn't help laughing my arse off at the fact that although everything had changed…nothing had changed…

The crew is getting together again tomorrow at one of the guy’s camps on Black River Bay…but I have work and church responsibilities, and I’m sure I will be stiffer and sorer then I am now, so probably will pass…but we have an email deal going so I’m sure I will be filled in…

No comments:

Post a Comment