Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, August 28, 2006

(rant)

Went to work after 6 days

The plant is working 24/7 I literally was off 6 workdays…and as per usual 15% of what I do was done completely…15% was about 50% done and the rest of the 70% was totally ignored and waiting for me on my desk this and in emails and nagging phone calls this AM…I got nearly caught up but spent a little extra time to do it…I got one of those “how many of these can we stuff in a 20” container requests…and then 3 other phone calls, like why don’t I have that information yet…well first I have to get plugged back in…second it really can’t be my top priority because I have a ton of material issues to deal with that have a ultimate effect on whether we have the supplies to run this shop or not…and thirdly since you are asking something we’ve never done before the math and me trying to visualize the load doesn’t happen in 15 seconds…d*mn it…I’ve been off for 6 days…I have a pile of work that no one here will even attempt to do other then me…I’ve got a vendor I must see this morning…I’ve got 4+ hours to take care of at the warehouse because nobody will do what needs to be done while I’m not here…I’ve got a dozen jobs that need to be done yesterday…and a quote on an order which may never be placed…were the f*ck do you think that sits in my list of priorities…my biggest problem at work is that I have a ½ dozen peeps who think that I exist there only do what they want me

to do and are frankly totally incapable of doing themselves…and think that I only exist to do what they can’t…and when I give them an answer they can’t accept…insist on trying to explain to me how to do my job…one they have no comprehension of doing and no ability to do…and then I have to put up with the sh*t from peeps who forgot to give me inventory updates and then claim that the inventory error is my fault…not a great work day…someday…someday I’ll will get to the point that I can leave that place and then who will they blame…it’s probably not going to be themselves…

(/rant}

but a gentle evening…and I I feel pretty good…I have long since learned to disconnect from the work day and not let it effect my evening…

No comments:

Post a Comment