Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Day 1 of 6 away from work…and has happened numerous times before, an absolute low level physical day, I had worked full or part time at the plant for 15 straight days, and physically I just collapsed today…I have a few things that need to be done in the next 3/5 days…and hope to feel in the mood both mentally and physically to get that done…

I just walked away from a 3+ year obscene tonight…I don’t feel like there was a concerted effort to drive peeps like me out…I doubt that was really true…I doubt that was what was intended…but that’s what the changes accomplished that was what was accomplished…at least for me…

Somewhere in the 5/6 days of off time I have left I need to do something extravagant…something just for me, which I can’t really afford…actually if not way off the wall I can afford it…but something for me…

Worship team practice tonight was a blast…the G-Lady was back…teeny with a whole boatload of talent…and J was leading…when J leads it’s always a challenge…not that he is not a committed leader, with a real talent…but his country/folk roots in music…forces this classically trained vocalist “out of the box”…but the 3.5 songs we worked on…3 full songs, + a chorus of a fourth, lent themselves to a cornucopia of an odd mix of idiot bass harmonies, and some high tenor/alto harmonies and one off the wall 2nd Soprano line…until I started with worship team I had never sung with a sound system…all of my experience had always been vocally “unplugged” if you will…no sound system…no dude or dudette in the booth manipulating the sound…but over the 3+ years that I have sung harmony in the style where mics and sound systems are involved I have discovered a weird thing…I have a range of 3+ octaves…a combo between full voice and ½ voice…some time’s referred to as falsetto…the more I sing with electronically assisted voice…I can’t tell anymore where I make the switch between the two vocal styles…

Bum’s me out a little…I have the ability to sing any harmony line between 1st bass and 2nd soprano…and all of the elements in between…but I digress…the real challenge sing harmony with the Big-J…is that coming from a tradition of southern gospel/folk… he never sings a consistent melody line…and I have to re-act to and fit a harmony part to a line that varies …from verse to verse…a very hard thing…but a challenge that I relish…singing with him as lead challenges me …it forces me out of my classical harmony box…and the one thing I have to say is bring it on…

Watched the last episode of “Work Out” tonight on Bravo-TV…only two comments…the first is…please give me another season…and the second is…what a surprise (trollie firmly puts tongue in cheek) Jackie gave Mimi her “marching” orders…

I am a reality TV junkie…my 4 favs in order or: “Project Runway”, “The Big Break”, “Workout”, and “Survivor”…it might be noted that of the top 4 only one is “network” TV, two are on Bravo TV, and one is on the “Golf Channel"...truth be told…the only network TV show I watch on any regular basis is “Survivor”…frankly the constant fare of sitcoms and poorly made dramas gives me the red arse…

Nite all

1 comment:

  1. 啊啊啊~~~你的所謂的中文翻譯都是假的.....


    = =!!!

    ReplyDelete