Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, August 25, 2006

‘Twas a gentile day…the daughter is still on her summer vacation…teaches school…had made arrangements to take her out for lunch…was a little restricted time wise as she was helping out this week at her hubby’s family business…I had never eaten at the local “Red Lobster” and neither had she…but was very impressed…a very nice Caesar salad…not the best I’ve had…the best I’ve had was served at a local restaurant where the salad was made at the table by a salad chef…but the salad was very good and served on a chilled plate…I hate nothing more then going to a place to eat and getting a salad plate that obviously has been just taken out of the dish washer…a very nice iced tea blend…shrimp scampi, and broiled scallops…and some lovely crisp fries…a very nice meal…and a very attentive waitress…not to mention some fine conversation with the daughter…priceless…

Have just chilled the rest of the day…needed that…not physically at the top of my game…the toe is still giving me problems but I have decided that it’s arthritis and not goat…2 days left before work intercedes…well not exactly true…I’ve been off 4 days and got calls from work on three of them…even when I’m away I can’t really get away…rats…nuts…dang…

Have not accomplished what I had hoped to on the days off but have been dealing with some physical issues which have prevented me from doing what needed to be done…well there is a news flash…seems like lately every time I’ve taken time off I’ve crashed physically…I really hate getting old…I may accept it but I hate it…

Nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment