Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, December 7, 2018

(14:03 UTC-5)
(+18*F....mostly cloudy)
(Now Playing: "My Mix" off Youtube (link))
   From the look of things we got a total of about 12" of snow between yesterday and over night....I went to bed a little before 22:00 local time last night and never surfaced to just be for 08:00 this morning....a couple of hours later than usual....so I have been forced to alter my normal routine....I am nothing if I not a creature of habit....but decided that I needed to walk....ergo....against my better judgement I walked....about half way to Aldi....a section of sidewalk that had not been cleared of snow....oy vey....and trying to trudge through it was no option....turn around and go home or walk on thee side of the street....I needed somethings....so out into the street....and playing matador with the SUVs....I survived again....obviously....I'm not sure if it's the best or worst of the deal....but the section of the sidewalk that was un-passable was the section in front of the bank....where resides my money....but the hazards of the trip not withstanding.....now I like very much cured salmon....both smoked and salted....no much a fan of it fresh....unless we're talking sushi or sashimi....but my fav is gravlox....salmon cured in salt, sugar, dill, and sometimes beets....but hard to find....been buying nova or lox....but the thin sliced variety....but had seen the last time I was at Aldi....a 4 oz. piece....a bit more than I usually pay....but decided to try it....simple preparation....just broke up a small piece....some dried dill and parsley....and some liquid egg white....and a minute in the microwave....will be added not only to the list of items I keep on hand....but also the dish will find it's way into the rota of my meals....

No comments:

Post a Comment