Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

(14:58 UTC-5)
(+24*F....cloudy)
(Now Playing: "My Mix" off Youtube (link))
   This is a historic day.... well from my point of view anyways....on this day in 1947....at about 8:00 AM local time....in the city of Buffalo, New York....the world was changed forever....okay....okay....it's my birthday....am now 71 years old....
   One of the pieces that was just playing while I write this as an except from the 1812 Overture....and try as I might every time I hear one part of it all I can think of is the old Quaker Oats commercial....and start singing "This is the cereal that's shot from guns".....but when I heard one of the main themes of "The William Tell" overture.....I remember it was the theme song for the 50's Saturday morning TV show "The Lone Ranger"....and I want to shout "Hi-Ho Silver Away".....and yes I think they got my straitjacket to tight today (hehe)....
   What should have been a quiet day....no walk planned....no walk taken....and the celebration of my birth with my sibs is scheduled for the morrow....but my Facebook time line has been flooded with birthday wishes....after many years....last time I saw a former school mate of mine was in 1971....we moved from the area I grew up in right after I graduated from high school....but have re-connect with in the last few years with over 25 of them....(only a class of 126)....and as fate would have it....I am the oldest surviving member of the class....of course I always was the second oldest member of the class when I graduated....
   

No comments:

Post a Comment