Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, December 16, 2018

(16:55 UTC-5)
(+34*F....cloudy)
(Now Playing: "Our Man Flint"(1966)(link))
   I needed to walk today....well actually....I wanted to walk....but with the combination of traffic on the street I live on....main route to the mall and the big box stores just to the west of my location....and my walk would take me to the west....and despite the thaw and rain of the last couple of days....I knew that for this gimpy, grumpy, cane carrying, old codger....there would be two spots where the sidewalk would  be impassible....requiring me to detour into the street...but figured if I walked before 10:00 local time I'd miss most of the traffic....so I did, and did....a quick trip to a convenience store and the Price Chopper....needed a few things but chief among them was some sausage....what I got I can't in good conscience call a "local delicacy" ....it's far to "rural" in nature for that....but it is only made locally in the area around Croghan  NY....hence the name....Croghan Baloney....not really a baloney but a fine sausage none the less....only problem is that it normally comes packaged in 1 lb. packages....which is too much for me....I just nibble on small pieces at a time, dipped in hot mustard....and I think a pound piece were dry out a little before I finished it....but I know the product....and the store....and I new if I "dug" to the bottom of the display....I'd find a smaller package....and found a piece just over 1/2 a pound....perfect....
   The recliner I recently received from my sis was my dad's chair....dad lived with my sis and her hubby for awhile before he past....and we always used to tease him about falling asleep in the chair....I can now understand why he did....very comfortable....have almost nodded off a few times myself....
   I now have a "Christmas Tree"....well sort of....a friend brought me a potted evergreen plant...maybe a whole 10" high....doubt however that I could find ornaments the right size....but I got a tree none the less.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment