Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, December 29, 2018

(20:25 UTC-5)
(+15*F....clear)
(Now Playing: "Game of Thrones" re-runs on HBO 2)
   Yesterday about this time it was about 50*F....and tonight it is about 15*F....that's a 35* temperature swing in 24 hrs....oy vey....when I walked this morning it was right around 30*F and just a little breeze....but in the short time I was in the market....the wind picked up....and it was snowing lightly....visibility was greatly reduce....and the wind was a bitter wind....but I has been said many times in this area....wait 15 minutes and it will probably change....and not always for the better....
   I've been using canned mushrooms for my egg dishes and have been less than satisfied....so I decided to try fresh....not sure how well they'll keep but if they're better that the canned....I can live with a short "shelf life"....had the last of the miniature potatoes to use up....bought a new bag today....so decided to use the mushrooms with them....but tried something different....usually I use a 4" square glass bowl for my dishes....but also have a 4x6"  one....a single layer of both the potato & the mushrooms with a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking....some shallot....salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a dash of red pepper flake....some butter and pre-cooked for 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave....some grated cheddar....and unlike usual....just enough liquid egg white to cover....usually I use more of the egg whites.... but wanted more of the veggies and just a little egg to hold it together....came out very nice....(cook the dish after the egg was added for another 1 1/2 minutes)....will add it to the list of dishes to make....

No comments:

Post a Comment