Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, December 14, 2018

(17:21 UTC-5)
(+42*F....rain)
(Now Playing: "My Mix" from Youtube (link))
   It's raining now but was mid 40's and clear this morning....after the weather and temperature of late....it actually felt "warm"....but Winter conditions can been frustrating....if there is no snow....drifts or plowed snow banks....and I want to go to the plaza that's almost literally out the back door of where I live....maybe 30 feet to the backdoor from my rooms....down the hill and I'm in the back of the plaza.....and a short walk and I'm in front of the first shop.....maybe 50 yds.....but because of the snow banks my "short cut" is impassable....I have to walk all the way to the front of the first building (my room are in the third....then down the side walk to the driveway of the plaza....and to the first shop....it's got to be the better part of a quarter of a mile....rats....now because I live in a hotel....(well technically I live in the residential/extended stay building....which for tax purposes is a separate entity)....there are vending machines available....2 12 oz. cans would cost me $2.50 for 24 oz....I can buy a 6 pack of 7.5 oz cans for just under $3.00 at the local dollar store, that's 45 oz....besides the smaller amount is just what I prefer....and yes I can pinch a penny with the best of them....
   I was up at the front desk....and the 2nd shift clerk stopped me and said I had mail....the checks I had ordered....and a cardboard box....got back to my rooms and discovered the box contained dry fruit....which I love....a nice assortment....but no card....but the label had my new room number on it....and so far only a few people/businesses know it....finally found on the label that it was from and sis and her hubby....that will teach me to try to read a label without putting on my reading glasses....so gave her a call and told her someone had sent me a bowl of fruit but it was all dried out....and we reminisced about my dad who loved dry fruit....also told her that the reclining chair she gave me was dangerous....I was watching TV and caught myself dozing off....but I and my sibs come from a long line of kidders....   

No comments:

Post a Comment