Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

[15:15 UTC-4]
[+48*F...."feels like" +42*F....fair....winds out of the w/s/w at 13 mph]
[Now Playing: a mix off Youtube [link]]
   The mix I'm listening to features performances by Maurice Andre who was the most noted Baroque trumpet player when I first really "discovered" Baroque music....both instrumental & the true musical passion of my life Baroque liturgical....composers like Bach and Handel et al....( in the 1960's)
   I'm posting a little earlier than I usually do....but had sometime....and there again may "tack-on" more later....
   Have been wanting to that a walk to a Walgreen's store that is right at the limit of my usual walking distance....and the sidewalks are not well maintained in the winter....so was waiting for a nice day after the resent thaw....I use a topical analgesic rub for my aches & pains....but am very picky of the ones I use....the  two places closer to me where I was getting my fav one....no longer "carry" it....so off to Walgreen's....and although what they had was a different brand....same type....but there's a problem with their location....I had to walk by an Arbys....I haven't had any "fast food" in over a year and a half....doesn't really fit in with my new diet plan....but a roost beef sandwich and curly fries....just to tempting....although true to my german roots....took it to go and when I got back to my rooms a good dollop of good horseradish was added....reminds me as a boy when you'd enter the "mud room" of my grandmother's house....there would be horseradish root hanging on the wall to dry....

No comments:

Post a Comment