Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, March 9, 2019

[21:10 UTC-5]
[+27*F....+17*F w/wind-chill....clear....winds out of the east at 8 mph]
[Now Playing" today's "My Mix" off Youtube [link]]
   The weather was quite nice today....mid-30's F....and just a little breeze....in fact I walked twice....once for groceries at Aldi....and later to Ollie's and Dollar General....the second trip was mostly just to check if Ollie's had gotten anything interesting in....but they hadn't got anything new that I couldn't live without....and just stopped in Dollar General because it was on the way back to my rooms....didn't buy a thing....but enjoyed the fairer weather and the walk....but the weather is turning ugly over night....freezing rain changing to rain....temperatures in the mid-40's....and high winds....guess I'm not going anywhere tomorrow....
   Speaking of tomorrow you might notice a change in the time "stamp" I put at the head of all my posts....from tomorrow to early November...."UTC-5" will change to "UTC-4"....no I'm not moving....the USA is going on what we call "Daylight Saving Time".....officially the clocks will be set ahead one hour at 02:00 tomorrow morning.....on the other hand I'll un-officially do it when I tuck myself into bed tonight....and my desktop will automatically change at 02:00.....to keep things straight there is a catch phrase to remind you....you "Spring" forward & "Fall" back....campy I know but it does help remind you....multiple stories of peeps forgetting to change the time and arriving either an hour late in the Spring or an hour early in the Fall....the best one though was when a couple I knew were early in the spring....apparently without consulting each other....they both had set the clock ahead an hour....and knowing them I would have paid cash money to be a "fly on the wall" to hear the "discussion" they had when they realized what had happened....

No comments:

Post a Comment