Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, March 11, 2019

[21:45 UTC-4]
[+31*F....+19*F w/wind-chill....cloudy....winds out of the west at 17 mph]
[Now Playing: today's "my mix" off Youtube [link]]
   Another blustery March day....and another day, a quiet day for me....no walk...but plan to walk tomorrow....and over the next few days there will be a warming trend and the temperature on Thursday is predicted to be in the mid-50s F....but by nature being a realist....some would say pessimist....I'm not ready to declare winter at an end....lived my whole life [save for 9 semesters of college] either in Western NY...in the lee of Lake Erie or in the Northcountry of NY....in the lee of Lake Ontario....and this being my 72nd winter [for some reason don't remember the first couple] I've too many times see the weather warm up....only to see winter get at least a couple more "licks in"....
   But a quiet day except for the fact that housekeeping came in for the weekly cleaning and changing my linens....something that really is a great thing....I not only really dislike "housecleaning"....never was very good at it....and with the added disadvantage of not being as limber as I once was....bending is difficult....not to mention that if I tried to knee to scrub the floor....my knees would be singing an off key dirge for days....I've had chronic tendonitis in both knees since I was 15 years old [a wrestling injury]....and playing soccer (yeah I know but in the USA that's what we call football] at the small college level, also maybe too much volleyball as a set/digger....not to mention several other sports were the knees are vulnerable....I played many years ago....long be for the creation of the "libero".....but if it had existed when I played....that is the position I would have played....because that was the "role" I played....

No comments:

Post a Comment