Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, March 25, 2019

[21:30 UTC-4]
[+25*F....+17*F w/wind-chill....clear....wind out of the South/West @ 7 mph]
[Now Playing: Beethoven's 7th Symphony [Ozawa & the Boston Symphony Orchestra[link]]]
   Temperature hung right around the freezing point [+32*F] with wind-chills varying around the mid to upper 20's depending on the wind speed....but for an early Spring day....quite pleasant....bright and sunny most of the daylight hours....needed to get a few things at Aldi....but since my short cut to Big Lots is now passable with the piles of plowed snow all but gone....so since Big Lots is farther than Aldi went there first and then stopped at Aldi on the way back to my rooms....got a bottle of hot sauce....one I haven't had before....which makes probably a dozen or better hot sauces/red pepper flakes/and spice blends with contain dried hot peppers....In my youth I was a really "fire-eater"....the hotter and spicier the better.....I still like spicy food....problem is the spicy food doesn't always like me....so I have learned moderation (the hard way}....also a container of dried kiwi fruit....the weird thing  about it is I don't care for fresh kiwi....but I like the dried kiwi....and then off to Aldi....the usual....liquid egg white....bananas....bottles of fruit flavor sparkling water....now I generally only eat a limited amount of meat....using it mostly for flavor....rarely as the main part of the meal....but from time to time enjoy a burger or an Arby's beef sandwich....ok....and the curly fries....but Aldi had a six-pack of White Castle sliders....and a 3 pack of fresh garlic bulbs....last week was "German Week" at Aldi (Aldi is a german based company)....and they had some of the import pretzel crackers that I had gotten last year and really enjoyed....so later....felt like another walk....and with the short cut to the plaza down the hill to Ollie's and Dollar General....really wasn't going to get anything specific....just looking to see if Ollie's had anything new that would speak to me....nada....and a quick stop at Dollar General....same result....but I enjoyed the walk....

No comments:

Post a Comment