Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

[21:10 UTC-4]
[+36*F...."feels like" +30*F....winds out of the east at 7 mph]
[Now Playing: Brahms' "A German Requiem" [link]]
   A pleasant mid-30's day....rain started around dusk....but took two walks....the first one this morning was in a direction I rarely walk....was unsure of the footing....whether there were still some icy patches....besides I knew that one of my "shortcuts" would be passable....most of my shorts involve traveling over steep, grassy slopes....so decided to take the cane....besides I was a bit stiff from the two walks yesterday....and I also have some balance issues....and about half the way to "Big Lots"....the legs loosened up....and I really didn't need the cane....but than I'm not opposed to "sporting" a cane....Big Lots is a lot like Ollie's in that if you think you'd like it....buy it....because the next time you're there it might be gone forever....and while there among other things got a bottle of hot sauce....a kind I didn't have....at this point the count is around 12 bottles....all different....I love spicy foods....and was a real "fire eater" when I was younger....but with age I still love spicy food but oft times it doesn't love me....I never get "hot" wings....I always get mild....and then add hot sauce to my tastes....also picked up a container that had 4 different finishing salts....brings the total to eight different kinds of salt....and that doesn't count my garlic or celery salts....but the second walk was basically the same course I had walked yesterday afternoon so I left the cane sulking in the corner of my rooms....although the knees and feet have been behaving themselves....I'm well aware that I probably will have need of the cane[s] in the future....the young man who had this body thought it indestructible....the older and wise man who now inhabits it knows the younger me was an dummkoph....on the other hand I still look back fondly on some of the crazy things I did....and if I could go back to that time....I'd probably do them all over again.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment