Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, March 3, 2019

[21:15 UTC-5]
[+24*F....+20*F w/wind-chill....snow showers....wind out of the w/n/w at 3 mph]
[Now Playing: a one of my mixes off Youtube [mostly choral music[link]]]
   Despite the fact that it  was a very decent late winter's day....a little light snow....but after my walk yesterday....I concluded that after not walking everyday as I do in nice weather....I'm just a little out of shape....now I don't expect to be in the kind of shape I was in my youth and as a young adult....when I  played soccer [what we Americans call football]....and was a mid-fielder....also ran several 20K road races, two marathons [ Boston & a regional one]. also cross-country, track....and almost every game I could find that had a ball....I regret I never got the chance to play rugby....but there again I just past my 71st birth day 3 months back....so I have to allow for the fact that I just can't expect my arthritic knees to do what they once were capable of....but I have have no one to blame but myself....the young man who had this body thought it indestructible, the old man who now inhabits, and has to deal with the chronic issues knows that he was meshugeh....or maybe just to young to think about it....

No comments:

Post a Comment