Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, March 18, 2019

[20:25 UTC-4]
[+29*F....+22*F w/wind-chill....cloudy....winds out of the s/w at 7 mph....]
   Decided to walk today....could have waited a couple of days....except that I wanted to make sure I got a couple more packages of speck....[see yesterday's post]....knowing that when it was gone it would be gone....and with the thaw of the last couple of days....also knew that my short cut between Aldi and Big Lots would be passage....I get most of my spices at either Ollie's or Big Lots....sometimes Dollar General....and thought it was about time that I added thyme to my collection of spices....besides while at Big Lots....picked up another container of finishing salt and another tin of stuffed grape leaves....and then off to Aldi....some sparkling water....some mushrooms.....some grape tomatoes....and 2 more packages of speck....the weather was quite pleasant for this time of year when I left my rooms....right one side or the other of 32*F....with just light winds....but by the time I was I my way back to my rooms the wind had increased to a stiff breeze and it was a little nippy....
   Back at my lodgings....saw a sure sign that spring is just around the corner....a pair of Canada geese....the one keeping watch, while the other was eating....probably the female....there is a small pond maybe 50 feet from my back door....and usually there are two or three pairs that reside there through the mid summer....and raise this years hatch there....and I have hours of enjoyment watching the little ones grow up....by mid-summer the goslings are fully feathered and the only way to tell them from the adults is size....so mom is eating for way more than two....I've see a pair of adults with 11 goslings although 4 to 6 is more typical....

No comments:

Post a Comment