Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, March 21, 2019

[21:00 UTC-4]
[+41*F...."feels like" +36*F....light rain....winds out of the s/s/e @ 9 mph]
[Now Playing: today's "My Mix" off Youtube[link]]
   It was a very nice early spring day....I wanted to go to Aldi, Ollie's & Dollar General....Aldi is on the south side of Arsenal St....and I have to walk a short distance to the east to get to a crosswalk....and the plaza with both Ollie's and Dollar General is to the west and north of Arsenal street and is set back from the street....although only in the mid-40's compared to the weather this winter it felt warm....but a little windy....so just one of my lightest hoodies and a vest windbreaker....and off to Aldi....I'd like to say that I had miss calculated the volume of what I wanted to get at Aldi, but the truth is I hadn't given it a thought....so change of plans....but only a slight detour....to get to  the plaza...I had to walk past the hotel I live in....the front of the first building faces south....but the end of the 3rd building [where my rooms are} faces west and out the backdoor and a short walk down the hill and I'm on the plaza sidewalk....done  it before....a brief stop to put the perishables in the frig....and me and my empty sling bag were off....didn't find anything at Ollie's but that's the nature of the place it's a clearance outlet....and if you do see something you like you'd better get it then....or the next time it might be gone for every....Dollar General had their fleece throws on close-out at 1/2 price....and bought one the other day and picked up two more....and a small cup of ice cream....on my way back up the hill to my rooms I interrupted the pair of geese who live in a small pond just behind the hotel next door and female was feeding on the lawns of where i live....and the male standing watch....in a couple of weeks there will be an un-known number of little fuzzy goslings in attendance....and the male was annoyed with me for the interruption and preceded to cuss me out as only a goose can....and honked at me repeatedly....so I decided to respond....and had a enjoyable few minutes honking at the geese....    

No comments:

Post a Comment