Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, March 2, 2019

[20:40 UTC-5]
[+26*F....+21*F w/wind-chill....cloudy....winds out of the n/n/w at 4 mph]
[Now Playing: today's "my mix" off Youtube [link]]
   I don't know why this always takes me by surprise but it did again....nice morning, quite a pleasant day....well that is for early March in Watertown....mid-20's*F and just a hint of a breeze....sidewalks are a little iffy in spots but nothing that couldn't be avoided....Wanted to go  to Price Chopper and T J Maxx....was looking for pepper corns that weren't already in a grinder....most of which you can't get open and/or refill without a charge of high explosives....and besides I wanted to crush them myself with the mortar and pestle I purchased recently and make my own spice blend....I hadn't looked for them at T J Maxx in awhile and knew they sometimes have them....Usually I get them at a shop called the "Mustard Seed"....but that's a longer walk, and the sidewalks in that direction are usual bad this time of year...besides T J Maxx is in the same  plaza as Price Chopper....two birds with one stone as it were....got the pepper corns and what I needed from Price Chopper but on the way back....as we would have said back in the day when I was a distance runner I "hit the wall"....got really tired physically....but when I got to think about it in good weather I walk almost everyday....but not so in the winter...and I had walked 4 days in a row....I guess I'm just a little out of shape....dang....but it happens every year of late, when the weather changes and I get sick and tired of being indoors all the time, and try to do too much....too quickly.....I known I'm 71+ years old....but at times my body needs to remind me that I ain't a kid anymore....

No comments:

Post a Comment