Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

[19:30 UTC-5]
[+16*F....+2*F....w/wind-chill...snow....winds from the w/s/w at 12 mph]
[Now Playing "Jupiter" from Holst "The Planets" arranged for woodwind quintet [link]]
   I had my day all planned out....because it was going to be cold and snowing...had walked yesterday and planned to  stay in my warm rooms and play online games all day....logged on earlier than/usual....got started....took a break to eat first meal....and logged on a few minutes before a free money drop....and no WiFi....whether the providers problem....or a hardware problem which the equipment in the hotel I live in....really don't know but it was down for 6 hours....well there's a plan that didn't come together....and to make matters worst there was nothing decent to watch on TV....zilch....shmattah....
   I've always like Holst's "The Planets"....and found the above arrangement in my "recommended" section on Youtube this evening....for my last 4 years in high school I played in a woodwind quintet [ I played the French horn] and enjoyed the experience greatly....but whether vocally or instrumentally I've always enjoyed making music regardless of the group....but have always preferred small groups....I've sung in choirs of 300+ and played in bands of 100+....but I've always enjoyed the small groups best....
     

No comments:

Post a Comment