Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, March 8, 2019

[21:35 UTC-5]
[+14+F....+8*F w/wind-chill....clear....winds out of the s/s/w at 3]
[Now Playing: another mix off Youtube [link]]
   The mix tonight is virtually all choral music....but a mix of periods....mostly religious/liturgical....the first time I sang in church....I sang a duet with my sister on "Children's Day"....I was 5 and 1/2 years old....and already sang harmony....and have sung in various groups for most  of my life....and mostly hymns and religious music....from Gregorian chant through Baroque and classical....through to contemporary Christian music....unfortunately age has taken my singing voice....I was a high tenor....and 60 years old is usually the age where the voice goes....and I'm past that by a long ways....but I still love the music....I wrote this a few years ago but it sums up what music has meant to me....

Music how oft' to you I have run
you have been many times my safe place my solace
I embrace you I cover myself within your warm embrace
Regardless of what the world....life
may throw my way in your arms
how often have I found refuge
and also the answers I seek
To you have I so oft' run
and you always seem to know what I seek
whether classical, liturgical, or even rock and roll
and if I don't find the answers I seek
I always return relaxed, and with a new perspective
and can return to my world, my life, renewed  

No comments:

Post a Comment