Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, March 24, 2019

[19:15 UTC-4]
[+39*F...."feels like" +32*F....partly cloudy....winds out of the w/s/w @ 5 mph....]
[Now Playing: "Also Sprach Zarathustra" [LINK]]
   The piece I'm listen to tonight while posting....parts my sound familiar....they where used as I of the themes in the movie "2001".....composer was Richard Strauss....
   Temperatures during daylight hours were in the low 40's F.....but there was a cold brisk wind...so it felt much colder....however I was out of root veg....so early in the day make a quick trip to "visit" my money at the near by ATM....and later made the walk to Price Chopper....while I buy most of my groceries at Aldi (closer and better prices)....Price Chopper has a better selection of root veg....besides if Aldi does have it....I'd have to buy a "bag" of an item....at Price Chopper I can buy one or two individual items....parsnips, turnips, and celery root....they don't always have it but when they do I get one....things are dang hard to peel....no fancy peeler for these bad boys....you have to use a very sharp paring knife....which I have....also a knife sharpener comes in handy....but well worth the effort....also some shallot, a sweet potato, and a small cabbage (not a root veg but I grew up in a german/polish rural area in western NYS....and got to have my cabbage....)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment