Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

[19:45 UTC-4]
[+31*F....partly cloudy....winds from the south at 2 mph]
[Now Playing: "The Six Napoleons" [a Sherlock Holmes episode[link]]
   A pretty normal late winter, early fall day....my short cut to the plaza is finally passable....so this morning took a walk over to Ollie's and Dollar General....not really looking for anything in particular at Ollie's but then I never really do....the nature of the place means you never no exactly what you might find....and if you like it....buy it now....because when it's gone it's gone....but was it the market for some new socks....I go through socks at an accelerated rate mainly because I never wear socks indoors....except when in the process of going out....got a very nice set of 3 pairs of heavy work type socks....in the faint hope that they will last me a longer than most....didn't see anything else that "caught my eye".....and off to Dollar General....needed to get some dish towels....and picked up a few other things as well....but the checkout girl was giving me a hard time because I hadn't bought anything edible....which I must admit is rare in that store....now in summer time when I stop in there I usually plan it as my last stop....and get a small cup of ice cream....nothing cools me off better that a bit of ice cream....so despite the fact that it's not summer....bought the ice cream....and enjoyed it very much....

No comments:

Post a Comment