Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, March 17, 2019

[19:30 UTC-4]
[+28*F....+18*F w/wind chill....cloudy....winds out of the w/s/w at 11 mph....]
[Now Playing: "Away All Boats" [link]]
   The weather turned cold overnight....but the funny thing about it....because of the high winds yesterday....the "feels like"/wind-chill...was within a degree or two of yesterday....when I walked today....the wind was not bad at all....my walk this morning is one of the longer one's that I take....first a convenience store...than a short backtrack and across the street to Price Chopper....do most of my shopping for groceries at Aldi....but Price Chopper has a better select and variety than Aldi....and I can but one or two of an item....not a whole bag....as I was getting the usual parsnips....and red onion....I noticed something although I've heard of it....seen it on cooking shows...had never seen celery root before....so one ended up in my basket....so off to Aldi....in the process walked past my lodgings....but on the other side of the street....just was looking for bananas and liquid egg whites....but looked at the specialty items....Aldi is a German owed company....and it's "German Week" and they have a bunch of specialty items imported....and I saw a package of speck, again had seen it on cooking shows, but never had it....if you don't know what it is, it's a cured pork product....a type of bacon....probably be back at Aldi in the next few days and if there's any left...I'll buy a few more packages....both that and the aforementioned celery root ended up in a very nice 2nd meal egg white dish.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment