Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, March 14, 2019

{21:15 UTC-4}
{+51*F...."feels like" +46*F....mostly cloudy....winds out of the s/s/e at 15 mph}
{Now Playing: "Sink the Bismarck" {link}}
   A beautiful day....mid-50's when I walked this morning....danged if I did almost get hit by one of those small econo-boxes driven by a rather ditzy millennial....who rolled down the window and said  "I'm sorry....I didn't see you"....oy vey....honest I'm in a marked crosswalk with the walk light on....fortunately she was driving quite slowly....turning left off a side-street broad daylight....and she didn't see me....probably on a smart phone or some such mobile devise....not the first time I had a close call but when she did stop I had my hand on the hood of the car about to do my best impression of a matador dodging a charging bull....and honestly I did not have my cloaking devise engaged....oy vey....
   Going to rain tomorrow and then the temperature will drop back down into the mid 30's over the weekend....but what tells me that Spring is just around the corner is for the last two days I have see pairs of Canada geese on the wing....and there honking was heard even by this partially deaf old man....a few more weeks and this years hatch will be running around with mom and dad watching their every move....

No comments:

Post a Comment