Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, May 27, 2006

I avoided the mistake that I have made for the last two years…in all three years I have told myself you don’t have to complete all the typical memorial day weekend yard work…in one day…and the last two years I have…much to the great determent of my physical condition…well this year I have learned my lesson…I’m too dang old to do it in one day…on the other hand unlike the last 2 years I needed to spend time at the job this AM…I have about half of the clean up work done…still need to run the razor hole through the beds…and plant 1 or two new perennials…to replace over the winter losses…and mulch the beds…will do the holing tomorrow after watching the Indy 500…and do the planting and mulching Monday morning…and then a barbeque at the daughter’s mid afternoon on Monday…I may try to find time to go to a driving range this weekend as well…am playing in a golf outing in two weeks and as I haven’t played at all this year and very little for the last couple of years want to hit a few so I don’t look like a n00b…and as to the gardening if I don’t get I done before next weekend then…ah well

No comments:

Post a Comment