Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Today was a very typical day at good old CWM…I had the upstairs changing their minds on the hour…with no concern for what that did to us…I had vendors who promise one thing and either delivery it late or not on time or not at all…and support and production which do what they want rather then what I’ve asked them to do…and despite all that my clerk and I got everything done…did we get a well done…did we get a “that a boy”…are you insane…but if we hadn’t done the deed we would have gotten the blame…we do are job…we defend the “code” , but once in a d*mn while I think we deserve a well done…

But truth is I really do accept it…if you have never done shipping/receiving function you have no criteria to appreciate what we do…everything that comes in goes through us…everything that leaves goes through us…and every mistake is blamed on us whether our fault or not…but my clerk and I are bottom line what makes it run…and we would at least have 1 day out of the year have our work appreciate, have a well done…but the fact that we are under appreciated will never stop me from doing my best…

Have spent a relatively gentle nigh…I seem to be coming out of the funk that winter has created…to be truthfully we never really had a winter…was more like and extended fall…but suffered more from “cabin fever” then I ever had…need to spend a few hours at work on Saturday but will throw the clubs in the car assuming I feel well Saturday morning an find an open golf course…

Cats have been affectionate tonight…they have been rotating on and off my lap…I sometimes thing that without my furry pals I might go over the edge…assuming that I’m not there already…

Nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment