Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, May 29, 2006

I go nothing done yesterday that I had intended, a very low physical day…had the day off today (Memorial Day in the USA for those of other national origins)…and rather then try to finish the spring yard work that got left over from yesterday decided to concentrate on the housework that needed doing…but was still not up to 100% and got a bunch done but not everything…will chip away at what’s left of the house work and spring plantings and complete next weekend…although the yard work could be completed over the next two weeks and be fine…

Got involved with the chores and when I got to a point that I was where I decided to quit was already 12:30 PM+…had a date to have a BBQ with daughter and her hubby and their crazy small parrot for 3 PM and thought the best was just to skip lunch and save my appetite for the mid afternoon BBQ…of course I hadn’t eaten breakfast either…I rarely do…so by 3 PM I was ravenousness…

A very nice BBQ…charbroiled bratwurst…a nice pasta salad…and a frozen pineapple desert…and have course all the fixings…daughter had made a homemade rhubarb chutney that was an amazing complement to the brats…a Sam Adman’s Amber Lager as a pre-meal drink and a very excellent light imported Germany beer…Westerstien (sic? Maybe) which was a perfect complement to the meal…

Came home…watched a little tube, played a bit of stronghold crusader, and spent about an hour around dusk in the yard with a bit of bourbon and some rye wasa bread…I’m tired…but feeling good

Nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment