Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, June 13, 2019

[19:25 UPC-4]
[+59*F....cloudy....winds southeast @8 mph.]
[Now Playing: "Away All Boys" [link]]
   It's been raining on and off most of the day....and even when it hasn't been raining its been a very gloomy day....and quite damp....
   I awoke this morning to very stiff joints....the barometric pressure has been falling like a stone....and anytime that happens my knees get very stiff....and they start "singing to me".....normally I would have "walk it off".....usually a nice walk will loosen me up....but because of the weather I did the next best thing....walked up and down the halls for awhile....so as far as the stiffness that's much better....but the knees are still complaining.....but I intend to take a hot shower later and apply a topical analgesic gel and that alleviate most of the discomfort....
   I as is my custom always open the shades on my windows as soon as it's light....and as I open the shades this morning....a little later than usual....I was treated to a "parade" of 4 mated pairs of Canada geese....and between the 4 pair were 24 goslings....one pair has 12 in their brood....all of the goslings are starting to show some of their adult plumage....but the one pair has only two goslings and the two have almost a complete "set" of adult plumage....probably hatched out earlier than the others....the only way to tell them from the adults id they are small....maybe about 75% of they adult size....but as they past before me the pair with the 12 goslings fell a little behind the other three and the adults picked up the pace....had a good laugh watching the 12 on a dead run....looked like fuzzy bumper cars.....

No comments:

Post a Comment